Tuesday 12 February 2008

Today is a good day!

I seemed to have squeezed every drop of pleasure from the Manchester Derby this weekend. Lacking in faith I predicted a heavy defeat, but with my wallet swelling from the benefit of side bets, the satisfaction of text message victories with miserable United fans and statistics ringing in my head of the last double, I must believe that there is finally good news for long suffering City fans and a horizon of hope.

Today is also the day we have launched the new Lookers website (http://www.lookers.co.uk). After working with Lookers for 10 years, taking them from a basic information site to one of the top dealer sites in the UK I am particularly proud of the new site. With this new iteration of the site we have listened to consumers and focussed on customer experience. The new site reflects the increase in female shoppers and consumers desire to shop by manufacturer brand. We have also introduced new technologies to the site using AJAX to improve search functionality and XML to import and export the very latest vehicle information.

On the social media front I reached excitement overload to see my blog suddenly appear in blog search engines (for certain search terms) only to have my premature enthusiasm squashed as I vanished without trace this morning. As I'm starting to learn blogs are really about personal views and not commercial exploitation, but then where do people like me go when I want to find information that other industry experts have posted in blogs?

Yesterday we also launched our first business page for Photolink in Facebook. We hope by embracing each of these channels we can better understand social media. If you want to look it up search for 'creative marketing & communications' and you'll find the Photolink page there. I've also managed to now link up Facebook, Linkedin and this blog so I'm feeling rather proud of myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Stuart. Good luck with regular blogging.

You will almost certainly find that your reasons for blogging, your content, style and focus will develop and change during your journey.

Hope that you enjoy that journey and we look forward to hearing a new voice in the UK blogosphere.