Tuesday 19 February 2008

Quintessentially British

A guided tour of Photolink this week for new employees illustrated to me the growth we have been going through over the last 12 months. No fewer than ten or twelve strange faces wandered into our room like a flock of frightened sheep, guided by shepherd Alison, our head receptionist. I'm sure as I gave the five minute induction to the many different facets of our business, some of them wondered what the hell they had got into. How could a company that takes photographs, also do Design and PR and Events and New Media and have a studio in India? Then I told them that we have a license for the north of England for Quintessentially, the world's largest concierge and lifestyle business. At that point I'm sure they thought I was having a laugh and just wanted to go back to their new found team mates to seek the truth.

Quintessentially is probably the most parculiar of our services, but we believe the opportunity to network with some of the countries highest earners, combined with the fit of our Pr and Events team provides a quirky but exciting additional string to our bow. We've even gone one step further and partnered on the launch of a new model agency, Quintessentially Models. The official unveiling of the company is next week but feel free to have a look at the site we have just launched www.quintessentiallymodels.com Quintessentially models is the world's first ethical model agency due to its anti-size zero stance.

Our experience with Quintessentially has been invaluable to me this week as I have been preparing a strategy to work with one of the UK's leading Quintessentially British fashion brands. As we focus upon re-launching their global online proposition I have been researching social media (the reason I started this blog) and whether this method of communication is of any use to the rich and famous, who are particularly cash rich and time poor. I have managed to join a perceived high wealth network of www.asmallworld.net but my first opinions are maybe this is an environment for wannabes and not the real mccoy. For this particular project I need to find the social media playground of the 911 turbo crowd not the boxster boys. The hunt continues....

No comments: