Thursday 21 February 2008

Moving People

I took another trip to London today on Virgins finest. It continues to amaze me the amount of people who are always moving. Someone told me on my last trip to Mumbai that on any given day more than four times the recognised population pass through the city. I'm sure London can't be too far away from this statistic. Without being deemed a crazyman I would have loved to approach people in my carriage to ask where they were going to gain a better insight. Although we all normally have a purpose to travel I can't help thinking there's some small part in our genetic make-up to explore, probably born out of out of our ancestral role of hunter gatherers. All I do know is that when the exploring or meetings in my case are done you can't beat that feeling when you pull out of Euston and head for home.

On my return journey I attempted to digest the final slice of Holy Cow but it proved to be a challenge. Firstly, the bottom half of my body slowly roasted for two hours as the cleverly positioned carriage radiators blasted continuous heat directly onto my left leg. Secondly, the ever present stench that eminates from the toilet made me feel nauseous as the train tilted from side to side to save precious minutes and thirdly, the stranger sat next to me was watching the BAFTA award winning The Last King of Scotland on her laptop. Whilst she enjoyed the film with audio through headphones I was enticed to watch the screen - in the same way you can't help reading the paper of the person stood next to you on the underground - only I was forced to lip read. The end result led to a complete mental scramble. My mind attempted to digest a real life insight into India interspersed with a coup in a small Scottish village. Next time I'll stick to doing the crossword.

As my quest for knowledge in the world of social media continues I am encouraged by the feedback I have received from the people whose judgment I trust. I feel the more I write my blog, the more I am defining a style that I am comfortable with and I am glad that my thoughts when shared are being met with humour and enthusiasm. I think for readers sake I am going to have to pursue further where birds do go to die. Now I've figured out how to exist in Technorati http://www.technorati.com/, I've added my blog link to my on-line sites and I'm going to add it to my email footer, watch out world here I come.

On the Photolink front we claimed another success yesterday to create a new site for Harper Collins. It's great to see a traditional international brand embracing the internet and expanding their services to meet the requirements of the 'net' generation.

Oh, no this means a four hour train journey to Scotland, where's my crossword.

No comments: