Saturday 27 September 2008

Batting for the other side

After 15 years and a great deal of peer pressure I've final changed sides. No not my sexuality or my football team (how could I now they are the richest team in the world!), no I have finally changed from PC to Mac, something I vowed never to do. Two weeks in I have been suffering withdrawal symptoms as I have had to learn a new textbook of shortcuts, but I've been through the pain and am now starting to see the upside.

It was great last week when I visited India (yet again) to Skype my family using webcams, firstly in Dubai waiting for a flight transfer, then again each night from my hotel room. This has to personally be the greatest benefit I have seen from digital to date, I think my children would certainly agree.

The digital side at Photolink has been understated for the last few years. Although in it's own right the department has a turnover that would rival some of the regions largest digital agencies, we have chosen to keep it fully integrated into our design team and not shout about it as a separate department. We remain convinced that our USP is to offer clients fully integrated solutions for their businesses, where we can consistently communicate their brand values and marketing campaigns across multiple channels - print, digital, pr and events.
 
However, exciting things are afoot at Photolink as we have further expanded our digital focus. Firstly, we have recently added to the team by recruiting three new digital creatives and have also recruited a dedicated team for digital marketing so that Photolink can effectively manage on-line campaigns through SEO, PPC and email. Finally, as we view digital to be far more than just web we have licensed a mobile platform so that we can now deliver eCommerce through your phone. This channel really excites me as there will definitely be significant growth over the next 12 months.

The photographic offer at Photolink has also evolved to recognise digital as we have now invested further in our rich media offer. We are now using video to deliver 360 product views and fashion catwalks. As our clients continue to shift sales to online we believe this investment will allow us to continue to offer a premium creative service.

As I don't seem to be able to write a blog without mentioning India I am pleased to announce that we have now opened our own creative studios in Mumbai. Initially we have 11,000 sq ft of photographic studio space, but a mezzanine is also being added so that we can provide design services to our Indian clients. Have a look at www.photolink.co.in for more information.

No comments: